GRAND PRIX SERIES
Status current through
November 28, 2013
Grand Prix Records and Results
Contact: Glenda Tetley
Nashville Striders Grand Prix Series
- Membership: Participant must be a current Nashville Striders member on race day to earn credit for running.
- Run/Walk* Races: Participant is required to run/walk* in a minimum of 6 races. Points can be earned for up to 8 races. Total points will consist of race points plus volunteer points.
- Volunteer: Participant must volunteer and not run/walk* in at least one designated Grand Prix race.
Scoring will be as follows: 1st =5 points, 2nd=4 points, 3rd=3 points, 4th=2 points, 5th=1 point. Only Striders members are awarded points. For example, a third place finisher would receive 5 points if he/she were the first Nashville Striders member in his/her age group or walking division.
Volunteer Requirement and Points:
To be eligible for Grand Prix Series awards, participants must volunteer for at least one Nashville Striders Grand Prix race and not run/walk in the race. Up to 4 additional volunteer points can be earned (volunteer and not run/walk) at any Nashville Striders managed race.
- Grand Prix volunteers must sign-up with the Volunteer Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the race and sign-in with the Volunteer Coordinator on race day to ensure that your name is on the volunteer list.
- A maximum of 5 volunteer points can be earned.
For events with multiple races, the volunteer must not run/walk in either
race to be awarded a qualifying Grand Prix Volunteer Point.
- For points, all participants will remain in the age group in which they placed at the start of the Series. For placement in races, participants' age on race day determines their age group.
- Walkers must declare to race management their intent to participate and be scored in the walking division.
- Participants can earn points in one race only at Shelby Bottoms Boogie and Gupton Jeep Tom King Classic.
- Grand Prix points will be calculated from three documents: Official Membership Records, Official Race Results, and Volunteer Lists
- Awards will be given at the Annual Nashville Striders Summer Picnic 5K to members in each age group and walking division who complete the requirements.
- Special award for female and male participating in the most number of races
2013-2014 Grand Prix Series Races
July 27—Nashville Striders Picnic 5K
August 3—Smyrna Parks 5K
August 10—Fenton Payne & Fred 5K
August 24--Wild Thang 9 Mile Trail Run
September 14--Heroes in Recovery 6K
October 5—Shelby Bottoms 15K/5K
November 9—Team Nashville 10 Miler
December 7--Jingle Bell Run 5K
February 22—Race Judicata 10K
March 8—Gupton JEEP Tom King Classic Half Marathon & 5K
March 29--Shade Tree Trot 5K
April 12—Purity Moosic City Dairy Dash 10K
May 3—Girls on the Run 5K
May 26—Memorial Day Dash 5K
June 21—RC Cola & Moon Pie 10 Mile
July 4—Nashville Striders Firecracker 5000
Schedule Subject to Change
Print a copy of the 2013-2014 Rules
Past Grand Prix Winners